Do not be confused by this title; it in no way references the television show from the early 90s with the catchy theme song. Instead, I am reminded of the wise words of Robert Frost: "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."
Welp, yep, that just about sums it up.
But, I am verbose and will carry on anyway.
We all have opinions and because of our Constitution are allowed to say whatever we want--at least for the most part. However, I have noticed how annoyed I get when people complain about things that don't even matter. For example, today the facebook format changed, and you would have thought that the walls of Jericho were coming down! People have updated their statuses, made facebook groups, and so on all for the sake of complaining about format change. Don't get me wrong, I don't like change, but seriously! Is the facebook format such a big deal that we have to go into overdrive to combat it? I can think of thousands of other things to do with my energy. In fact, imagine if we put as much energy into other things as we do about complaining about facebook changes. Oh, what a different place the world would be . . .
This leads me to ask the question: how do we deal with change? For me it depends on what the change is. Sometimes I ignore the change, sometimes I get mad, sometimes I cry, and sometimes I do a little of all three. I think the real problem with change is that we feel like we have lost our control. Sometimes I think I have never had control. I won't lie, my life has been out of control for . . . well let's say almost two years. I have tried every coping mechanism (we'll talk God later) and I have found that not one of them works. The only thing that seems to give me the slightest ounce of sanity is that no matter what I think or how I feel tomorrow the sun will rise and set just like it has done for thousands of years.
So, what does this mean? Not only is "Life goes on" a terrible cliche, a Frost quote, and a 90s tv show, it is also scary and the enduring truth.
*Sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment