Let's just dive right in with the end-all-to-be-all L words--Life. It amazes me how many connotations this simple four letter word can have. It can be used to describe how many social situations we find ourselves in, as in "I have a life." It can also be used as an answer to why things are not going well because "That's just life." It can also be used to desribe the act of being pregnant--"giving life."
You get the gist.
I have been thinking a lot about life lately. I think most of us do on a daily basis. I have been wondering what I am supposed to do with what is left of my time on earth--my life--if you will. This is something that is proving to be difficult. How should I know what I am supposed to do with the rest of my life? I don't even know what I am supposed to do with my life tomorrow, let alone twenty years from now. I am well aware of the chiche` phrases that surround our inability to answer questions about the future. I hate those chiche` phrases; they really serve no purpose other than to piss me off. Someone telling that you will eventually figure it out serves no purpose other then getting them off the hook of having to listen to you complain. Perhaps the reason that I hate these phrases is that I have told them to myself hundreds of times to make myself feel better, and yet I don't feel any better. Yes, I am well aware that I am the consequence of my own circumstances and my own choices, but yet all this time I thought I was making the right choices for my life.
Ahhhh I digress.
Life is what you make it--awesome. This rates at about a 10 on the scale of fantastic chiche` phrases. So, what you are telling me when you say this is that I have made my life a gigantic pile of shit. Hmmmm perhaps I should have seen that one coming. Perhaps not. Really, who knows.
There is tons I don't know about life--I could fill a book about the number of things I have no clue about when it comes to life. Introduce the OED. However, there are some things I do know about life. I have the choice to live it or not. I have the choice to do something with it, or simply be the product of my own apathy. I have the choice to wallow in self pity or to put on a happy face, quit bitching and at least acknowledge that some people would kill to have my life (irony intended).
So, I surmise that I will buck up, deal with the ginormous piles of shit and live on. However, if you want to send a little positive energy my way that would be great. And, in the mean time life goes on ;)
*Be forewarned that this subject will be revisited VERY soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment