Monday, February 15, 2010

Bullshit

Have you ever played the card game bullshit? You know, the one where you call someone else out on their crap. Let me first tell you that I am pretty good at calling other peopole out on their crap. I really have no problem doing it. However, I don't get called out on my crap very often. I wonder why that is. Sometimes I say things and I want to believe what I am saying, but then again that is just me attempting to be positive. So, is it that I am pretty convinving or is it that people are too afraid to call me out? For instance, today I talked to two of my friends that I haven't spoken to in a while, and when they asked how things are I answered in a very positive manner.

It was only half true.

I answered the way I did because I wanted to believe what I was saying, and part of me did--the other part did not.

This makes me wonder why we answer the way we do when asked how we are doing. Why do we do that? Do we really care when we ask people how they are or is it just a niciety? And, why do we answer the way we do? Are we afraid for people to know we aren't ok?

Do we really care, or is it all just bullshit?

1 comment:

  1. You are not that convincing, people are scared to call you out. Not to mention people want to believe that those they care about are doing well even if they know otherwise.

    ReplyDelete