Valentine's Day . . . two days and counting. Ok, so D-Day is June 6th, but the invsion of Normandy seems like a logical connnection to this Valentine's Day. D-Day stands for disambiguation day. Disambiguation=get rid of ambiguity; to make clear. Let me make something clear; I hate December, January, and February, and in two days my life can go back to the boring normal. Here on out there are no more holidays that make me consider killing myself (don't worry, this blog is not a cry for help!). I do not like Valentine's Day, and I will reiterate that it is not because I am jealous of the people who have someone. As a matter of fact, I would not want to be in some of the relationships of people I know!
However, I have been thinking about all of the things people will do for Valentine's Day, and I still can't help but to chuckle. In fact, there have been findings that deforrestation is linked to Valentine's Day. In some countries fields and forrests are torn down in an effort to grow flowers for V-Day. In addition to the deforrestation, there is the fuel that is used to send the flowers and also to refridgerate them. Do you see where I am going with this? Perhaps deforrestation is the new meaning of D-Day for V-Day. This just further goes to prove how silly this holiday can be and how quickly it can get out of control. I am a firm believer in showing other people love, but why do you have to have a day on a calendar to remind you to love someone?
FYI, YOU DON'T. If you really give a shit, show it the 360 days of the year you aren't forced to think of others. You will be amazed at the effect it can have. So, I sit in anticipation of D-Day . . . I mean V-Day and wait for the storm to quell.
I really wanted to rhyme something with that last line, but I decided against it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment