Monday, February 8, 2010

L-O-V-E

I have been putting off writing about this L because well, I hate it. I hate this subject. Don't misunderstand, it is not a jealousy thing. There is just so much that can and cannot be said about Love. However, Valentines Day is quickly approaching and I am thinking of all the ways to commit suicide (only joking--slightly) and bracing myself for this ridiculous day.

I hate Valentines Day! Seriously, it is stupid. Do people even know what this holiday is for or why it is celebrated? I'm gonna guess not.

You know what I did last Valentines Day?

Sat on my couch watching television eating Dunkin Donuts and Lays potato chips. I figured eating Lays was the only way I was gonna get laid on Valentines Day--so classy I know.

But, for some reason, even though I hate it, this Valentines Day has me laughing. A lot. You wanna know why? I keep seeing all kinds of commercials and advertisements that say "Get her what she really wants," or "Find out what she is really thinking." Of course these words are then followed by the display of some kind of god awful jewelery that is of course heart shaped. Who wears heart shaped jewelry any way? And who wears it any day besides Valentines Day? Um, pretty much nobody!

These advertisements crack me up. "Find out what she is really thinking?" Seriously, this girl is definitely not thinking about that ugly jewelery or those over priced flowers that are gonna die in two days. I'm thinking remember me on the days of the year that are not associated with holidays and then buy me pretty underwear that you are gonna take off with you teeth later. That's what I'm thinking!

"Get her what she really wants?" You wanna know what I want for Valentines Day? The purple and white Shox at Foot Locker. Size 7 1/2.

I really think these commercials are just further proof that we lack the will to think critically about what someone might want, and what it takes to show someone that they matter. That you LOVE them.

So, as I see these terribly tacky, yet extremely funny commercials I think of what LOVE is and who I LOVE and who LOVES me back.

Oh, that reminds me, I need to go to the store--gotta stock up on some potato chips ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh but I want heart shapped jewelry, it will make me feel pretty! HA! I despise Valentines Day too! I will be sitting on the couch watching TV while eating potato chips as well....happily! (oh and I am assuming your family does not read this blog since you are so bold in your statements LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, no. I didn't write this blog for anyone but me.

    ReplyDelete